Thursday, July 12, 2007

Mister Rogers Goes Digital

We were just talking about the MTV "Wiki" initiative to digitize every music video, show, and interview today. For once, we are as timely as today's headlines.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that "A project to digitize 900 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood' episodes dating to 1967, as well as thousands of pages of print material, 35 years worth of viewer mail and audio recordings of Fred Rogers' music is now under way at Saint Vincent College."

Continue reading "Mr. Rogers' Shows To Be Digitized" here...

1 comment:

Kris said...

How I envy your friendship with this God-sent man, and how I wish I had reached out as an adult to him. He answered all my childhood letters on his "Neighborhood" stationery and signed every letter himself - responding to things I'd said, questions I'd asked. He was a constant of peace, of love, of calm for me in a turbulent childhood, and I never even tried to repay him.

Tomorrow, I'll be passing through Latrobe, Pa., where he rests, on my way to Pittsburgh. And my unworthy gift will be a concert of hymns at the foot of his mausoleum, just me, a rickety music stand and my flute. And as I play, those words that have so impacted you will be underscore my small gesture: deep and simple.
Thank you for what you're doing.