Tuesday, September 01, 2009

"Mister Rogers & Me" On Saturday Light Brigade

Just shy of two years ago, Chris and visited The Pittsburgh Children's Museum. In two weeks, we'll return.

Kind of.

Our "Mister Rogers & Me" fundraiser has, not surprisingly (but gratefully) increased our little film's visibility.

As a result, I received a delightful, surprising email a few weeks ago.

I'm the associate producer for a syndicated public radio show, The Saturday Light Brigade. We produce out of Pittsburgh, and my boss (the show's host, Larry Berger) knew Mister Rogers. He would like to arrange an interview with you about the movie, "Mister Rogers and Me."


The Saturday Light Brigade, it ends up, is a pretty big deal "acoustic music and family fun" radio show. In fact, I remember listening as Chris and I drove through Pittsburgh. It's been on the air over thirty years, making it one of the longest-running public radio programs in the United States. And it airs from The Pittsburgh Children's Museum.

I'm scheduled to call in on Saturday, September 18 at 8:20 a.m., just shy of twelve hours prior to our "Mister Rogers & Me" fundraiser expires.

I'm thrilled, excited, hopeful, and honored. And I remain amazed at the serendipity of this journey's unfolding. And I'm about seventeen days away from nervous.

No comments: